viernes, 28 de mayo de 2010

I AM TEACHER

I am a teacher
I was born the first moment that a question leaped from the mouth of a child.
I have been many people in many places.
I am Socrates exciting the youth of Athens to discover new ideas through the use of questions.
I am Anne Sullivan tapping out the secrets of the universe into the outstretched hand of Hellen Keller.
I am Aesop and Has Christian Anderson revealing truth through countless stories.
I am Marva Collins fighting for every Child´s right to an Education.
I am Mary McCleod Bethune building a great college for my people, using orange crates for desks.
And I am Bel Kaufman struggling to go Up the down Staircase.
The names of those who have practiced my profession ring like a hall of fame for humanity… Booker T Washington, Buddha, Confucius, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Leo Buscaglia, Moses and Jesus.
I am also those whose names and faces have long been forgotten but whose lessons and character will always be remembered in the accomplishments of their students.

No hay comentarios: